Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My Favorite Books of 2011

These are a few of the books I've read this year that I enjoyed, in no particular order of preference:

1. Heading Home by John Robinson. In a church service, God revealed that Jesus was returning in the coming week. Two Vietnam vets spend the time finding the ones they fought with to tell them the good news of Jesus. Well written, with believable characters. I'm still thinking about the message I gleamed from this book. Mr Robinson writes a Joe Box detective series that are some of my favorite books.

2. A Stand-Up Guy by Michael Snyder. Mr Snyder is also one of my favorite authors because of his, how do I say this, different type of humor. The main character in this is a stand up comic wantabe that has to work through many issues. Maybe Mr. Snyder's style appeals to me because I have a "different" style of humor. Dunno, but I enjoy his books.

3. Give The Lady A Ride by Linda Yezak. This is Linda's first book, and you really couldn't tell it. Enjoyable cast of characters that you fall in love with. See the review I wrote a few months ago.

4. The Baer Truth by Linda McMaken. Another Linda and another first book and another cowboy story. This is the first in a series about the Baer Brothers, so I'm sure next year when I write about my favorite books, a Baer book will be among them. I also already review this a few months ago, so go read it to find out more about it.

Those are four that stand out, there are several more that I read that didn't set my world on fire and several that lost me after the first few chapters. Here's to 2012, may the new crop of books be great ones, and may there be many first time author friends publishing this year.

He was heard as he soared away, "Happy reading to all, and to all a good book!"

2 comments:

Cheryl Peters said...

Thanks, Walk, for sharing your favorites. I love to have book reading tips rather than guessing.

makenwords said...

Thank you!!!!