Friday, April 25, 2008

A Big Wahoo

Something happened this week that never happens to me, I won something. I entered a weekly writing contest on FaithWriters.com and I took first in the Level 1 (Beginners) category. To top it off I was #8 on the Editor's Choice picks which will put my entry into a real honest to goodness printed book. Wow, I'm going to be a published author. It encourages me to keep writing and that someone actually liked what I wrote is awesome. Look out, I see a Nobel on my mantle before long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it's a big wahoo well earned, I say! Only two entries so far and you got Editor's Choice? :) I just finished reading your story, visited your profile and then came here. Congratulations, and may the Lord continue to bless your writing efforts.

I'm fairly new to FaithWriters, and have only just submitted my second challenge entry tonight. I guess I'll find out soon if I placed at all with my first one. But it doesn't matter... it's a great exercise for me no matter which way it goes.

Walk said...

Thanks Willena for your kind comments. It is nice to place in these challenges but the best part is that it puts our writings out in front of people that wouldn't normally see it. Good luck with your entry, I know it will be great.