Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall Back

Changing my clocks. Fall back. I hate falling back, it is dark when I go to work and now when I come home. No sun makes Walk an old grouch. Mrs. Walk don't much care for the grouchy side of me. I get grouchy, she gets grouchy and before long I done went and kicked the dog. We don't even own a dog. The neighbor called the police on me last year which wound up with the SPCA having me doing community service. I cleaned kennels for six months. I can't even look at another dog. The neighbors across the road lost their dog a couple of nights ago. The first door they knocked on was mine. They must have known that if I was within kicking distance of that little fu-fu dog it would have made it through the uprights. Three points! But no, I hadn't seen it and they found out later that someone driving by grabbed it. It was such a good dog that the people that stole it brought it back just to get it out of their house. I imagine it yipped in that high pitched yap that any self respecting dog would hate, until they couldn't handle it anymore and brought it back. They brought it back on halloween which scared the crap out of me. I was sitting here in the dark so it looked like no one was home and from out side I heard that yip yip yipping and thought the mutt was haunting me. I peeked through the blinds and saw the kids playing with the powder puff and smiled that all was right at the neighbors house on this night of fright. And I didn't even have to hand out one piece of candy. It was indeed a good night.

No comments: