Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Long Dark Highway - Breakfast Is Served

She pulled herself into the booth just as Ambrose brought her meal. "Two eggs, hash browns, biscuits and gray and a double order of bacon. Is there anything else?" Ambrose said as he glanced down at her cleavage.

"How about some privacy?", she spouted back at him. Ambrose turned and walked behind the counter shaking his head.

"So, in what way are you going to ruin my life this time?" I said as I looked into her eyes. "You don't show up unless you're bored and want to screw with me."

"O ye of little faith. I only want one thing." she said as she crunched some bacon.

The hair stood up on my neck and I started to wonder if I should pull the Glock. I knew what she wanted, she's wanted it for years, and I also knew that if I gave it to her she would leave me alone and I could once again settle down. I just wish it was that simple, because there was no way I could, or would, give it to her.

4 comments:

Cheryl Peters said...

You've done it again, that is, left me in painful suspense.

Write on, my friend.

P.S. If you're going to write about a woman's breast bulge, add an a, right there: cleavage. :)

Walk said...

Cleavage with an a, how did I miss that? I don't think I ever miss cleavage before, I must be getting old.

Linda McMann said...

Keep on writing, Walk. Its a good story with a hook-question "what the heck has he got?"

Walk said...

Ah Parrot, that is the question, I'll tell you as soon as I know.