Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day


I am privileged to have Bessie as my mother for my whole life. I say whole life because she stayed with me, she knew her obligation as a mother and cherished it. She didn't run away when things were tough, when I was a big knothead teenager and young adult. She stood by my good decisions and bad. So many this day are sad because of the kind of mother they had, sad that everyone they see is celebrating motherhood and all they can do is curse it. Their mother abandoned them, physically or emotionally and left them in this world alone. Who do they turn to when the one who brought them into the world could care less that they are alive and sometimes wishes they weren't. I can't speak for them but I can for me, when things are tough in my life there is only one place I turn, and that is to my Father. My holy, exalted, loving Heavenly Father who gives us life eternal, who is the Alpha and Omega, who loves them enough to die for them. Thankfully my mother was a child of God and showed his love and mercy to me as she tried to direct me to Him. I thank God for putting me with the parents he did. Thank you Jesus for my parents, especially bless my mother this day, Lord, bless her. Thank you mom, thanks for sacrificing so that I could become who I am.

No comments: